November 10, 2004
was called to order at 1811 hours by the Association President, CW5R Baiocchetti. The President declared a quorum was present. The meeting was held at the Michelangelo
Secretary’s Report: Motion made by CW3R James, seconded by CW3R Turner to approve the minutes of the 18 October, 2004 meeting. Motion approved the by members present.
As of September 30, 2004
Checking Account: $1609.75
Savings Account: $26.63
As of October 31, 2004
Checking Account: $1609.75
Savings Account: $25.65
1. Outlined the basic goals for the year:
A. Increase membership
B. Provide more assistance to our adopted JrROTC program
C. Work on the 2005 AMM
2. A follow-up letter had been sent to the Adjutant General of Arizona inviting him to be the speaker at our 2005 AMM Dinner.
3. Letters are being sent to former members encouraging them to rejoin the Association.
4. USAWOA's new e-mail address is: firstname.lastname@example.org
5. Sent a letter to Ray Bell outlining some of the things we are planning to do at the 2005 AMM. Ray will then use the information for an article in the Newsliner.
Vice President's Report:
The Vice President reported that the sample medals were done and ready for presentation, review, changes, and approval if appropriate.
Mr. & Mrs. Lowell Jackson the medal vendor were present to display and explain the medals to the group. A lively discussion ensued with a variety of questions and opinions being expressed.
1. Motion made by CW3R Turner and seconded by CW2R Cogut that we accept the sample medals presented with the following changes:
A. Medals would be in a matte finish and would be Copper, Bronze, Silver, and Gold.
B. The Medal would have a "clutch back."
C. The Medal would come with a card backing, shrink wrapped, and with a ribbon.
D. There would be Oak Leaf Clusters for additional awards. The Oak Leaf Cluster would be colored consistent with the level of the additional award.
Motion was approved by the members present.
2. The President administered the Oath of Officer to:
Treasurer - CW3R Arthur Schmid
Secretary - CW4R Harold Lindamood
3. It was decided that the next meeting would be held at the home of CW4 Lindamood on Sunday,
December 19, 2004 at 2:00 PM. An e-mail will be sent asking the members to indicate if they were coming, how many, and what they would bring to the meeting/social.
4. CW3R Ronald James, Immediate Past President, presented Certificates of Appreciation to CW3R Joseph Gill, CW3R Arthur Schmid, CW3R Michael Turner, CW2R Leonard Wilfong, and CW5R Vincent Baiocchetti for their work supporting the Chapter during the past year.
CW3R Schmid made a motion that the meeting be adjourned. Motion was seconded by CW4R Lindamood and passed by members present. The meeting of the Fort Lowell-Apache Chapter was adjourned at 1928 hours.
Next meeting of the Ft. Lowell-Apache Chapter will be at 1400 hours, 19 December 2004 at the home of Harold Lindamood.
/s/ HAROLD LINDAMOOD
Harold Lindamood, CW4R
Secretary, Ft. Lowell-Apache Chapter, WOA