13 July 2004
was called to order at 1806 hours by the Association President, CW3R James. The President declared a quorum was
present. The meeting was held at the
Michelangelo Restaurant in
Secretary’s Report: The minutes of the 9 June 2004 meeting were approved by members present.
Savings Account Balance as of 31 July 04 was $25.55
Checking Account Balance as 31 July 04 was $2,174.25
Motion made and seconded to accept theTreasurer's Report pending audit. Motion passed.
Presidents Report: CW3R Ron James
Vice President's Report: CW3R Joe Gill
1. Has set up a meeting with a medal company on Wednesday
July 14, 2004 at
1. Golf Tournament After Action Report:
Overall the tournament was a success. The program went off well and it appears that an early morning start time in early June seems to be the right mix.
Suggestions for next year:
Mulligans - Players are limited to 3 per person. Mulligan Tickets NOT be used for the drawings.
Raffle - If we run a raffle, only the raffle tickets are to be used for the drawing of door prizes.
Prizes - Instead of letting people come up and pick out their prize, someone should be up front and hand them a prize.
2005 AMM: CW5 Baiocchetti reviewed with members projects with the members.
1. CW3R Mike Turner - will talk to the Convention Bureau regarding what they will do to support our Convention.
2. No further activity regarding Glass of some kind to give as a memento - CW3R James
3. Commemorative Coins was a suggestion.
4. Laser Etched glass block with a 3D emblem of the Rising Eagle - CW3R Turner will have prices by September.
5. Star Party as an evening activity possibly on Wednesday
6. Thursday is still open - but does not necessarily have to have a scheduled activity.
7. We will have the SPA available for the spouses during the day
8. Need to have/make centerpieces to the Dinner Dance.
9. The European Chapter may have glassware we might consider to mementos.
CW3R Mike Turner informed us that a friend of his who is in the web site business has offered
To provide us with a Domain Registration, DNS Server, and Web Site Hosting for $50.00 per year.
Mike made a presentation of what our Chapter web site would look like. He emphasized that this in only a rough draft with a variety of ideas offered for discussion. He will also build our Host Chapter web site for the 2005 Annual Meeting.
He presented several different names for our web site address.
1. Moved by CW4 Fridlund, seconded by CW3R Gill that the web site name be:
www.usawoa-ftlowell-apache. The motion was passed.
Adjournment: CW2R Wilfong made a motion that the meeting be adjourned. Motion was seconded by CW3R Gill and passed by members present. The meeting of the Fort Lowell-Apache Chapter was adjourned at 19:55 hours.
Vincent A. Baiocchetti, Jr., CW5R
Secretary, Ft. Lowell-Apache Chapter, WOA