Fort Lowell-Apache Chapter
United States Warrant Officers Association
11 July 2005
The meeting was called to order at 1808 hours by the Chapter President, CW5R Baiocchetti. The President declared a quorum was present. The meeting was opened with the Pledge of Allegiance.
Secretary’s Report: CW4R Lindamood
The minutes of the 13 June 2005 meeting were read and discussed. A motion was made by CW3R Keller, seconded by CW2R Cogut to approve the minutes. The motion was approved by the members present.
Treasurer’s Report: CW3R Art Schmid
No Report (Absent).
President's Report: CW5R Baiocchetti
1. Several scanned pictures of the Flowing Wells High School JROTC awards presentation were provided to the webkeeper for posting to the chapter website and the chapter history book.
2. Bank account signatures are now complete for the Fort Lowell-Apache Chapter AMM2005 bank account.
3. Tentative discussions are underway about having the annual golf tournament at Omni Tucson National Golf Resort & Spa in 2006.
Vice President's Report: CW3R Joe Gill
1. Our Region Director, CW4R Harry Wilson is in China trying to bring his wife back to the United States.
2. USAWOA dues reminders have been mailed to members.
1. AMM 2005 Planning.
a. Dates for the organizational activities breakfasts have been received from National. They were provided to the webkeeper and will be added to the Organizational Activities page of the AMM 2005 information on the website (CW5R Baiocchetti).
b. Mr. Jerry V. Proctor, Deputy Commandant US Army Intelligence Center and School, has agreed to be the Professional Day speaker for the AMM2005 (CW5R Baiocchetti).
c. The Mayor of Tucson, Bob Walkup, will present a proclamation on Tuesday, 25 Oct 2005, declaring the week of 24-28 Oct 2005 as USAWOA week in Tucson (CW5R Baiocchetti).
d. CW5R Baiocchetti has been in contact with the photographer for the AMM 2005. The banquet “give away” will be an engraved wine glass. The total cost is $367.20.
e. There is a possibility of using the Arizona National Guard combo band for the Awards Banquet music (FREE) (CW5R Baiocchetti).
f. Tony Ambriz, SoCal Chapter, will coordinate the Western Region Hospitality Suite at the AMM 2005 (CW5R Baiocchetti).
g. We have received 2 online AMM2005 registrations as of today (CW3R Turner).
2. The traveling Vietnam Memorial Wall will be at Southland Cemetery 18-20 Nov. 2005. CW3R Keller passed around flyers and announced that volunteers were needed to help with the activities.
CW4R Lindamood suggested the Cattletown restaurant located at 3141 E Drexel Rd (E Drexel Rd. and S Country Club Rd.) as a possible alternate meeting location to help reduce the travel time for members that live south and east of Oro Valley.
CW4R Lindamood made a motion that the meeting be adjourned. The motion was seconded by CW3R Gill and passed by the members present. The meeting of the Fort Lowell-Apache Chapter was adjourned at 1859 hours.
The next meeting of the Ft. Lowell-Apache Chapter will be held at 0900 hours, 13 August 2005 at the Doubletree Hotel, Tucson, in conjunction with the next AMM 2005 Planning Meeting.
Michael R Turner, CW3R
Acting-Secretary, Fort Lowell-Apache Chapter, USAWOA