United States Army Warrant Officers Association
Fort Lowell - Apache Chapter
Meeting Minutes –
8 May 2006
The meeting was called to order at 1803 hours by President, CW5R Baiocchetti, with the pledge of Allegiance. The President declared a quorum was present. The meeting was held at Michelangelo Restaurante Italiano.
Secretary’s Report: CW3R Michael Turner
The minutes of the March and April 2006 meetings were presented. A motion was made by CW3R Joe Gill to accept the minutes as read. The motion was seconded by CW2R Leonard Wilfong. The motion was passed.
Treasurer’s Report: CW4R Harold Lindamood
March 31, 2006 –
Savings Account - $25.98
Checking Account - $5106.12
April 30, 2006 –
Savings Account - $26.00
Checking Account – $5416.12
A motion was made by WO1 Craig Dowdney to accept the Treasurer’s Report subject to audit, and seconded by CW3R Joe Gill. The motion to accept the March and April 2006 Treasurer’s Report was approved.
President's Report: CW5R Vincent Baiocchetti
Gold – Cadet Major Michael McMurrich
Silver – Cadet Major Cody Faulkner
Bronze – Cadet SFC Diego Ross
Copper – Cadet SFC James Burkett
Cadet Colonel Jacquie Eby
Cadet Sgt Trent McCaw
4. Have mailed out 40 invitations to businesses to participate in our 5th Annual Golf Tournament
5. Donations received as of this date:
6. Thus far we have received registration forms and monies for:
31 golfers ($1705) and 28 golfing registrations but no money yet.
7. Trophies have been ordered for the tournament and includes a 1st place for the ladies
8. News releases and pictures have been sent to USAWOA for the Newsliner
Vice President's Report: CW3R Ron James
1. CW3R Ron James discussed the status and sales of the Chapter ROTC medals
2. CW3R Ron James presented a proposal to have the Association support a regional competition for the JROTC which will be held in January 2007. That support would be in terms of providing help during the competition and also purchasing a "trophy" which will be given to the winning team and then returned the next year for next competition. The "trophy" would be inscribed in such a way that competitors would know it was the Fort Lowell-Apache Chapter that provided the "trophy." The group approved of the idea and asked that Ron provide more concrete information, i.e. drawing of the trophy, size, cost to have it made and then bring it back for the group's approval.
1. A recap of the Awards Ceremony at Flowing Wells High School was presented by CW5R Vincent Baiocchetti
1. CW5R Vincent Baiocchetti received a letter from Terry Byron, East Lawn & South Lawn Cemetery asking if we want to participate in the Memorial Day Services at 9:00 am on May 29th. CW2R John Curtis volunteered to present our wreath at the Memorial Day Ceremony. He will contact Bill Keller to coordinate.
2. Golf Tournament assignments
3. Check for Scholarship Fund
4. The latest USAWOA Fort Lowell-Apache Chapter member roster was distributed
5. The Chapter received a gift certificate from our meeting sponsor, Michelangelo Restaurante Italiano, to be used for our annual golf tournament
6. A discussion took place about formalizing the funding for our ROTC Scholarships. A motion was made by WO1 Craig Dowdney, seconded by CW2R Leonard Wilfong to issue a check for $1000 to the Flowing Wells JROTC Fund in order to make the monies available for the scholarship recipients. The motion was approved.
7. CW3R Al Price presented a check for $50 to sponsor a hole in our golf tournament
CW2R Ted Cogut made a motion that the meeting be adjourned. The motion was seconded by CW3R Joe Gill and passed by the members present at 1930 hours.
The next meeting of the Ft. Lowell-Apache Chapter will be held at 1800 hours at the Cattletown Restaurant on June 5, 2006.
CW3R Michael Turner
Ft. Lowell-Apache Chapter, USAWOA