United States Army Warrant Officers Association
Fort Lowell - Apache Chapter
Meeting Minutes –
9 January 2006
The meeting was called to order at 1823 hours at by President, CW5R Baiocchetti, with the pledge of Allegiance. The President declared a quorum was present. The meeting was held at the Cattletown Restaurant.
Secretary’s Report: CW3R Michael Turner
The minutes of the 8 October 2005 meeting were read and approved by the members present. The minutes of the 14 November 2005 meeting were read and approved. The minutes of the 18 December 2005 meeting were read and approved.
Treasurer’s Report: CW3R Art Schmid (completing his duties from the past year)
Savings Account - $25.90
Checking Account - $2198.29
Savings Account - $25.92
Checking Account – $2198.29
The AMM 2005 Financial Reports for November and December 2005 are attached.
A motion was made by CW4R Harold Lindamood to accept the Chapter and AMM 2005 financial reports, and seconded by CW3R Joe Gill. The motion to accept the November 2005 and December 2005 Chapter and AMM 2005 Treasurer reports was approved.
President's Report: CW5R Vincent Baiocchetti
CW5 Baiocchetti, assisted by the Chapter Historian CW2 John Curtis, attached the “Best Web Site 2005” streamer to Chapter colors.
Vice President's Report: CW3R Ron James
1. Discussion of funding the 2006 JROTC scholarship was lively and entertaining. In the end, the members decided to fund the scholarship at a level of $1,000. A motion to fund the scholarship at $1000, with two (2) $500 awards was made by W01 Craig Dowdney and seconded by CW3R Joe Gill. The motion was approved.
2. Announcement was made that the 5th Annual Fort Lowell-Apache Chapter Golf Tournament will be held on 10 June 2006 at the Omni Tucson National Golf Resort & Spa. The details are being worked out by the Golf Tournament Committee.
3. Discussion was held concerning the Chapters’ support for the JROTC program:
a. Should the chapter commit to a second JROTC program at Cholla High School? CW3R Ron James has been instrumental in establishing the new program.
b. Should the chapter actively support the Flowing Wells JROTC Graduation Ball? CW3R Ron James is the initial contact.
c. What other activities can the chapter participate in at Flowing Wells High School?
d. A Chapter Certificate of Appreciation will be sent to the members of the Flowing Wells JROTC program that provided color guard support for the AMM 2005 Awards Banquet.
e. We decided that having the statistics for how many Cholla High School graduates immediately enroll in a 4 year college and pursue at least one year of a ROTC program would be valuable information for possible chapter sponsorship of the new JROTC program.
4. The Chapter welcomes its newest member, W01 Craig Dowdney.
5. Discussion was held concerning how to market our JROTC medals to other chapters:
a. Provide 5 x 7 color glossy prints in order to show case the color and construction of the medals
b. Provide a letter explaining the uses and history of the medals
6. CW5R Vincent Baiocchetti modeled the USAWOA logo shirt that he first wore at the Chapter Holiday Party in December. The bright yellow shirt contains the full color Rising Eagle and the lettering USAWOA Fort Lowell-Apache Chapter in the left breast area. A suggestion that the Chapter pay 50% of the cost of the shirts for each member that requests one was tabled pending further consideration. A message will be sent to CW4 Wheatly, President of the Silver Chapter to get prices and CW3RJoe Gill will check with his source for a price.
CW2R John Curtis made a motion that the meeting be adjourned. The motion was seconded by CW3R Art Schmid and passed by the members present at 1947 hours.
The next meeting of the Ft. Lowell Apache Chapter will be held 1800 hours at Michelangelo’s Restaurant on 13 February 2006.
CW3R Michael Turner
Ft. Lowell-Apache Chapter, USAWOA