United States Army Warrant Officers Association
Fort Lowell - Apache Chapter
Meeting Minutes –
13 February 2006
The meeting was called to order at 1810 hours by President, CW5R Baiocchetti, with the pledge of Allegiance. The President declared a quorum was present. The meeting was held at Michelangelo’s Ristorante Italiano.
Secretary’s Report: CW3R Michael Turner
The minutes of the 9 January meeting were read and approved by the members present.
Treasurer’s Report: CW4R Harold Lindamood
Savings Account – $25.94
Checking Account - $2,205.29
A motion was made by CW2R John Curtis to accept the Chapter’ Financial Report, and seconded by CW2R Leonard Wilfong. The motion to accept the January 2006 Treasurer’s Report was approved.
President's Report: CW5R Vincent Baiocchetti
Nothing to report.
Vice President's Report: CW3R Ron James
Nothing to report.
1. Logo shirt follow-up. The quotation from CW4 Bill Wheatly was not provided. CW3-R Joe Gill provided an estimate of $25 setup fee, $18.50 without a pocket, $20.50 with a pocket and $22.50 with a pocket and personal name. Once the setup fee is paid there will not be a charge as additional shirts are ordered.
2. Shirt color discussion:
a. The Chapter shirt will be yellow, as modeled by CW5R Baiocchetti. The vote was Blue = 3 and Yellow = 8. Members can order additional shirts of any available color and pay the full cost.
b. Chapter shirts will have the individual name applied. The vote was unanimous.
c. Chapter shirts will NOT have a pocket. The vote was Yes = 4 No=7
d. The chapter will cover 50% of the cost of the first “Chapter Shirt”. A motion was made by CW3R Joe Gill that the chapter pay for 50% of the first “Chapter Shirt”, and seconded by CW2R John Curtis. The motion was approved by the members present.
Recap: The “Chapter Logo Shirt” will be yellow, have the USAWOA emblem, have the members’ name embroidered, and contain NO pocket. The total cost per shirt will be $20.50 with the chapter paying $10.25 for each initial member shirt.
3. Cholla High School JROTC Program –
a. The new program has approximately 140 students enrolled. CW3R Ron James stated that he was in agreement that the chapter should pursue the additional responsibility as a sponsor for the new program.
b. CW5R Vincent Baiocchetti will send a letter to the Cholla commander offering our support.
4. Flowing Wells JROTC Program –
a. Addition support projects in the works are a 40 x 40 foot covered patio. CW3R Ron James is soliciting support for the materials and labor to construct the ramada.
b. Marketing of the Chapter ROTC medals – Newliner article and history of the medals.
5. JROTC Scholarship Implementation -
a. CW4R Harold Lindamood suggested a committee be established to verify the matriculation status and disbursement of the scholarship funds. The committee idea was withdrawn for a lack of support members present.
b. CW5R Vincent Baiocchetti and CW3R Ron James will draft the contents of the scholarship application. CW3R Michael Turner will then produce a fillable form that will be accessed via the chapter website.
1. Newsletter participation by the President to prepare the members for the upcoming monthly meeting.
2. Information about the JROTC program via a monthly column.
3. Local member input into the Newsletter.
4. 2006 Golf Tournament Information was provided to the members present. The new fliers will be provided at the March 13, 2006 meeting.
5. Members are requested to provide information for their Chapter Logo shirt – Size and Name. Also, Size, Name, and color for additional shirts desired.
CW3 Gary Higgins made a motion that the meeting be adjourned. The motion was seconded by CW2R Ted Cogut and passed by the members present at 1927 hours.
The next meeting of the Ft. Lowell Apache Chapter will be held 1800 hours at the Cattletown Restaurant on March 13, 2006.
CW3R Michael Turner
Ft. Lowell-Apache Chapter, USAWOA