United States Army Warrant Officers Association
Fort Lowell - Apache Chapter
Meeting Minutes –
12 November 2007
Meeting called to order at 1802 hours by President, CW2R Curtis, with members saluting the flag during the Pledge of Allegiance. The President declared a quorum present. The meeting was held at Cattletown Restaurant.
Secretary’s Report: CW3R Michael Turner
The minutes of the October 2007 meeting were presented previously to the members electronically. A motion was made by CW5R Baiocchetti to accept the minutes as published and seconded by CW2R Cogut. The motion passed.
Treasurer’s Report: CW5R Vincent Baiocchetti
As of October 31, 2007
Savings Account = $ 5.06
Checking Account = $ 2,804.72
Certificates of Deposit = $ 5152.01
A motion was made by CW3R Keller to accept the Treasurer's Report subject to audit and seconded by CW3R Schmid. The motion passed.
President's Report: CW2R John Curtis
Information was given concerning the Flowing Wells JROTC Cadets presenting our National Colors and Chapter Flag yesterday at the Massing of the Colors. Participation in next year's Veteran's Day parade was considered with no action taken at this time.
Vice President's Report: CW2 Craig Dowdney - Nothing new to report.
1. Chapter Members' Shirts: The most current consolidated list was read off. No corrections were noted. It is anticipated that the shirts will be delivered before December 15th.
2. Historic Soldiers' Relocation Project: CW5R Baiocchetti provided the details concerning the recent discovery of the remains of 63 U.S. soldiers buried in The Old Pueblo during the late 1800's. Partial funding for the re-internment in Sierra Vista is through the purchase of Brick Pavers to form a walkway to the burial plots. The inscription for a $500 8x8" Paver is limited to 6 lines of 15 spaces each and a 4x8 inch brick is $100 with 3 lines of 15 characters each. Suggestions and discussion ensued. No decision was made at this time.
3. Christmas Party is to be held at CW3R Michael and Mary Turner's, December 9th, 1400 hours. Directions and pot luck menu conversation will be forthcoming via e-mail.
4. 2nd Annual Apache JROTC Drill Competition: Flowing Wells High School (hosting), December 15th, “O-dark:30” hours through mid-afternoon. Members who volunteer to be an Evaluator must be in uniform. Scorers are also needed; streeet clothes permitted, however chapter shirts are recommended.
1. 2007 AMM Report: CW5R Baiocchetti gave a synopsis of the presentations from various speakers. The 2008 AMM will be held at Aberdeen Proving Grounds, Maryland. Relevant to our chapter's solicitation for the 2009 AMM, the Salt Lake City chapter was selected as host.
2. The process of selecting JROTC scholarship recipients was reviewed. The three cadets that were awarded the 2007 scholarships were the only three qualified applicants. More applications will be encouraged. CW2R Curtis was tasked with coordinating a review and update of our chapter's forms and procedures as soon as possible. Volunteers for the Scholarship Selection Committee are solicited.
3. Chapter Chaplain: Appointed CW4R Ozier
4. Audit Committee: Appointed CW3R Huggins and CW4R Lindamood
CW2R Cogut made a motion that the meeting be adjourned; seconded by CW2R Wilfong and passed by the members present at 1932 hours.
The next meeting of the Chapter will be held on December 9, 2007, 1400 hours at CW3R Michael Turner's residence, 4641 W. Saguaro Cliffs Drive; north on Camino De Oeste at the intersection with West Speedway (Gates Pass).
CW3R Edward C. Blankshen
CW5R Vincent A. Baiocchetti
CW2R Theodore L. Cogut
CW2R John T. Curtis
CW2R Craig C. Dowdney
CW3R William J. Keller
CW3R Arthur L. Schmid
CW2R Leonard L. Wilfong
Mrs. Donna Dowdney
Mr. John ?
CW2R John Curtis
Ft. Lowell-Apache Chapter, USAWOA
CW3R Michael Turner
Ft. Lowell-Apache Chapter, USAWOA