United States Army Warrant Officers Association
Fort Lowell - Apache Chapter
Meeting Minutes –
8 October 2007
Meeting called to order at 1800 hours by President, CW2R Curtis, with members saluting the flag during the Pledge of Allegiance. The President declared a quorum present. The meeting was held at Michelangelo’s Ristorante Italiano.
Secretary’s Report: CW3R Michael Turner
The minutes of the September 2007 meeting were presented previously to the members electronically. A motion was made by CW3R Price accept the minutes as published and seconded by CW4R Lindamood. The motion passed.
Treasurer’s Report: CW5R Vincent Baiocchetti
As of September 30, 2007
Savings Account - $ 5.06
Checking Account $ 4,844.72
A motion was made by CW3R Huggins to accept the Treasurer's Report subject to audit and seconded by CW4R Lindamood. The motion passed.
President's Report: CW2R John Curtis
The new JROTC Medal Citation is now available on the chapter website, http://www.usawoa-ftlowell-apache.org
Veterans' Day Activity: The Massing of the Colors, organized by the Military Order of the World Wars, will be held on Sunday, November 11th at 1400 hours at the Tucson Womens' Club, 6245 E Bellevue. Our National and Chapter Colors will be presented by the Flowing Wells HS JROTC cadets.
Vice President's Report: CW2 Craig Dowdney – WO1 Craig Dowdney has been promoted to CW2.
1. Chapter Members' Shirts: WO1 Ahrens was not present for a current update. CW2R Cogut mentioned that he was not listed on the latest review list. CW2R Curtis advised that he would contact WO1 Ahrens to perform another review of the members that have requested a Chapter shirt
2. Annual Holiday Party: CW3R Turner offered the Turner residence as the location for the holiday party. A tentative date of 9 December was established. A final decision for the location, date and time for the party is to be determined
3. AMM-2009 Proposal: CW5R Baiocchetti advised that several proposals have been received from local hotels and resorts for hosting the AMM-2009.
1. 1. Nominations for one year terms for President and Vice President were officially received:
President: CW2R John Curtis was nominated by CW5R Baiocchetti; Seconded by CW4R Lindamood. The nomination was accepted by CW2R Curtis
Vice President: CW4R Harold Lindamood was nominated by CW5R Baiocchetti; Seconded by CW3 Schmidt. The nomination was accepted by CW4R Lindamood
2. 2. There being no dissent, the Secretary was directed to cast one vote for each nominee. The newly elected Chapter Officers for 2008 are:
President Elect – CW2R John Curtis
Vice President Elect – CW4R Harold Lindamood
3. 3 . The President Elect, CW2R Curtis solicited members to fill the positions of Secretary, Treasurer, Historian and Webkeeper:
CW3R Turner agreed to serve as Secretary
CW5R Baiocchetti agreed to serve as Treasurer
CW5R Baiocchetti agreed to as Historian
CW3R Turner agreed to serve as the Webkeeper
The appointments will be offered at the November meeting, after the President Elect assumes office; the appointees will take office at that time
4. 4. CW5R Baiocchetti reported that CW3R Gill, Deputy Director for the Western Region, that a new Cavalry Soldier burial area is being proposed in Sierra Vista. Donations are being requested to help defer the cost of the burial area in the form of path and sidewalk pavers. The requested donation is $100 per paver. The topic of the Chapter donating for the pavers was tabled and CW5R Baiocchetti will send an email to the members with the details of the program.
5. I5. Investments: A discussion was held concerning moving assets from the non-interest bearing checking account to the investment account. A motion was made by CW3R Price and seconded by CW3R Turner to move $2000 from the checking account to the investment account and purchase a 6 month certificate of deposit. The motion passed.
6. 6. JROTC Activities: CW3R James
a. a. CW3 Turner was thanked for adding the Citation for Distinguished Service to the chapter website. A Phoenix school was the first program to utilize the certificate
b. b. 2d Annual Drill Meet, Saturday, 15 December 2007: Volunteers are needed to serve as scorers.
Backup judges are also requested. The judges must be in military uniform
c. c. Trophies for this year’s presentations. A motion was made by CW3R Price and seconded by CW3R Huggins to spend $250 for the trophies. The motion passed
CW3R Turner made a motion that the meeting be adjourned; seconded by CW4R Ozier and passed by the members present at 1912 hours.
The next meeting of the Chapter will be held on November 12, 2007, 1800 hours at the Cattletown Restaurant, 3141 E. Drexel Rd Map to the Cattletown Restaurant
CW3R Michael Turner
Ft. Lowell-Apache Chapter, USAWOA