United States Army Warrant Officers Association
Fort Lowell - Apache Chapter
Meeting Minutes –
9 April 2007
The meeting was called to order at 1806 hours by President, CW2R Curtis, with members saluting the flag during the Pledge of Allegiance. The President declared a quorum present. The meeting was held at Cattletown Restaurant.
Secretary’s Report: CW3R Michael Turner
The minutes of the March 2007 meeting were presented previously to the members electronically. A request for clarifications or changes produced none.
A motion was made by CW5R Baiocchetti to accept the minutes as published. The motion was seconded by WO1 Dowdney. The motion passed.
Treasurer’s Report: CW5R Vincent Baiocchetti
As of March 30, 2007
Savings Account - $ 5.01
Checking Account - $ 4,589.83
A motion was made by CW4R Lindamood to accept the Treasurer’s Reports subject to audit and seconded by CW3R James. The motion passed.
President's Report: CW2R John Curtis
Vice President's Report: WO1 Craig Dowdney
1. The membership was reminded of the upcoming Flowing Wells JROTC Awards Ceremony on April 18th at 6:00 p.m. This chapter will present 4 Leadership Awards and 3 Scholarships.
2. Golf Tournament – June 9th: CW5R Baiocchetti has confirmed entrant forms for 11 teams so far. We are capable of handling 100-120 players that day. The membership is encouraged to double their efforts in obtaining more retail gift certificates and door prizes.
3. Chapter Fundraising Opportunities: CW3R James submitted chapter engraved coin pricing that he was quoted by our current medal vendor. Round table discussion ended with several suggestions. Floral deliveries at Valentines and Mother’s Day was suggested by Mrs. Joy Ozier as another avenue of short term effort. Further investigation will be conducted and the results presented to the membership at future meetings.
1. Chapter Family Picnic – Fort Lowell Park – May 5th
Information was disseminated and discussion revealed enough interest to recommend the chapter purchase of hamburger, hot dogs, buns and charcoal. CW3R James made the motion and CW4R Lindamood seconded. Motion passed. All other food, drinks and utensils will be provided by attendees. Cross-coordination will be made via e-mail.
2. Volunteer requested for Memorial Day Wreath Presentation, May 28th. CW3R Keller volunteered to present our chapter Wreath at the East Lawn Cemetery.
3. CW4R Ozier presented information concerning the origin and purpose of the Military Order of World Wars.
4. It was announced that CW2R Ted Cogut will be our Guest Speaker at the May meeting. He will give a brief presentation of his military achievements. He will also have his books available for purchase and signing. A substantial percentage of that evening's proceeds will be donated to the chapter.
5. CW5R Baiocchetti recommended our chapter submit a proposal to sponsor an Annual Meeting of the Members. CW2R Curtis made a motion that our chapter sponsor the 2009 AMM. CW3R Huggins seconded. Motion passed.
CW4R Lindamood made a motion that the meeting be adjourned. There being no discussion, the motion was seconded by CW3R Keller and passed by the members present at 2015 hours.
The next meeting of the Ft. Lowell-Apache Chapter will be held on May 14, 2007, 1800 hours at Michelangelo Ristorante Italiano, 420 W. Magee Road.
CW2R John Curtis
Ft. Lowell-Apache Chapter, USAWOA
CW3R Michael Turner
Ft. Lowell-Apache Chapter, USAWOA