United States Army Warrant Officers Association
Fort Lowell - Apache Chapter
Meeting Minutes –
9 July 2007
Meeting called to order at 1803 hours by President, CW2R Curtis, with members reciting the Pledge of Allegiance. The President declared a quorum present. The meeting was held at the Cattletown Restaurant.
Secretary’s Report: CW3R Michael Turner
The minutes of the May 2007 meeting were presented previously to the members electronically. A motion was made by CW5R Vincent Baiocchetti to accept the minutes as published and seconded by CW3R Ron James. The motion passed. Note: There was no meeting in June due to the close proximity to the Golf Tournament.
Treasurer’s Report: CW5R Vincent Baiocchetti
As of 31 May 2007
Savings Account - $5.03
Checking Account - $8957.84
A motion was made by CW4R Harold Lindamood to accept the Treasurer's Report subject to audit and seconded by CW3R Al Price. The motion passed.
As of June, 2007
Savings Account - $5.04
Checking Account - $6314.69
A motion was made by CW3R Al Price to accept the Treasurer's Report subject to audit and seconded by CW4R Harold Lindamood. The motion passed.
Golf Tournament Treasurer Report
Total Income - $10,847.59
Total Expenses - $ 6,806.85
Net Profit - $ 4,040.69
A motion was made by CW3R Ron James to accept the Treasurer's Report subject to audit and seconded by CW3R Michael Turner. The motion passed.
President's Report: CW2R John Curtis
Vice President's Report: WO1 Craig Dowdney - No report
i. Setup 1. Setup Fee
ii. Price 2. Price quote
iii. Sen 3. Send an electronic copy of the full color Eagle Rising to CW3R Al Price
Good of the Order
1. The Air Force is no longer issuing base stickers and this action is causing some concern about members that reside in Tucson and visit other installations. Fort Huachuca and Marana have released statements that members without DOD stickers will need to register as visitors before being allowed on post
2. A discussion ensued about Davis-Monthan Air Force Base not providing adequate Casualty Assistance Officer services to retirees
3. CW3R Bill Keller mentioned the CNN HMMWV demonstration program that supports the Fisher House via donations. The cost to sponsor the vehicle is $3000 per visit
4. CW3R Bill Keller reminded everyone about the Southern Arizona Airborne Association picnic at Reid Park on August 18th, starting at 1300 hours
5. A short discussion ensued about the Chapter advertising CW2R Ted Cogut’s book, Forecaster! Battling the Weather Odds in Peace and War on the chapter website. Ted graciously agreed to donate a fair percentage of the retail price to the chapter for each book sold via the website
6. CW3R Michael Turner mentioned that his CRSC had been approved and he has received his back pay and is receiving his monthly CRSC in his retired pay
CW4R Harold Lindamood made a motion that the meeting be adjourned. Seconded by CW3R Al Price and passed by the members present at 1945 hours
The next meeting of the Chapter will be held on 13 August 2007 at 1800 hours at Michelangelo Ristorante Italiano, 420 West Magee Road
CW3R Michael Turner
Ft. Lowell-Apache Chapter, USAWOA