United States Army Warrant Officers Association
Fort Lowell - Apache Chapter
Meeting Minutes –
10 March 2008
Meeting called to order at 1810 hours by Vice President, CW4R Harold Lindamood, with members saluting the flag during the Pledge of Allegiance. The President declared a quorum present. The meeting was held at Michelangelo Ristorante Italiano.
The minutes of the February 2008 meeting were presented previously to the members electronically. A motion was made by CW3R Gary Huggins to accept the minutes as published and seconded by CW3R James. The motion passed.
Treasurer’s Report: CW5R Vincent Baiocchetti
As of February 29, 2008
Savings Account = $ 5.06
Checking Account = $ 2,384.16
A motion was made by CW2R Cogut to accept the Treasurer's Report subject to audit and seconded by CW3R Keller. The motion passed.
President's Report: CW2R John Curtis - President not in attendance
Vice President's Report: CW4R Harold Lindamood –
Reminded everyone that the Arizona Regional Meeting will be held in Tucson on Sunday April 13, 2008 at Davis-Monthan Air Force Base. This is an All You Can Eat Champagne Brunch beginning at 11:30 with an $18.35 per person price tag. Please contact either himself or the President to let them know if you are coming and how many will be in your party. ALL MEMBERS ARE ENCOURAGED TO ATTEND AND BRING THIER WIVES.
Members from the Silver and Road Runner Chapters will also be attending.
1. Golf Tournament - 7 June: Committee Chairman, CW5R Baiocchetti, stated that he had received a registration form and $280 for a team, some money from hole sponsors, and donations in response to letters he had sent out.
Members were again encouraged to hit the streets to request sponsors and donations from their favorite and frequently visited businesses.
2. Chapter Family Picnic - 3 May:
There was discussion regarding what food was to be provided. Steak was brought up and discussion surrounded the pros and cons, with no decision being made. CW3R Keller will check with Little Anthony and their traveling Hamburg/Hot Dog Trailer and report back at the next meeting.
1. CW4R Bob Ozier moved to offer Distinguished JROTC medals to the Casa Grande High School JROTC program. He will talk with them and if they wish to participate is willing to make the presentations during their Awards Ceremony. Motion seconded by CW3R Bill Keller. Motion passed.
2. CW4R Ozier informed the group that the City of Tucson owns approximately 80 acres on the Southeast corner of Harrison and Valencia and they in combination with the state and other groups are talking about creating a State Veterans’ Cemetery on that property. At this point it is only in the talking stage and he will update us if things develop.
3. It was moved by CW5R Baiocchetti that the April 2008 meeting be held following the Regional Meeting on Sunday April 13th since our regular April meeting will be the next night. Motion was seconded by CW3R Blankshen.
CW3R James made a motion that the meeting be adjourned; seconded by CW3R Blankshen and passed by the members present at 1855 hours.
The next meeting of the Chapter will be held on April 13, 2008 following the Regional Meeting at Davis-Monthan AFB.
CW3R Edward C. Blankshen
CW5R Vincent A. Baiocchetti
CW2R Theodore L. Cogut
CW3R Gary Huggins
CW3R Ronald J. James
CW3R William Keller
CW4R Harold Lindamood
CW4R Robert R. Ozier
CW2R Leonard L. Wilfong
Mrs. Joy Ozier
CW5R Vincent Baiocchetti
Ft. Lowell-Apache Chapter, USAWOA
CW3R Michael Turner
Ft. Lowell-Apache Chapter, USAWOA