United States Army Warrant Officers Association
Fort Lowell - Apache Chapter
Meeting Minutes –
11 February 2008
Meeting called to order at 1810 hours by President, CW2R Curtis, with members saluting the flag during the Pledge of Allegiance and observing silence during the Invocation. The President declared a quorum present. The meeting was held at Cattletown Restaurant.
Secretary’s Report: CW3R Michael Turner
The minutes of the January 2008 meeting were presented previously to the members electronically. A motion was made by CW3R Blankschen to accept the minutes as published and seconded by CW5R Rinehart. The motion passed.
Treasurer’s Report: CW5R Vincent Baiocchetti
As of January 31, 2008
Savings Account = $ 5.06
Checking Account = $ 2,078.32
A motion was made by CW4R Ozier to accept the Treasurer's Report subject to audit and seconded by CW3R James. The motion passed.
Guest Speaker: CW5R Bradley D. Rinehart
Members and guests were presented a summation of Brad's twenty year Army enlisted and warrant officer career. Highlights included constructing racquetball courts in Baumholder, Germany, recruiting duty in Berkley, California, and flight duty with the National Guard in Alaska. Brad is currently serving in a civilian capacity with the Western Army Aviation Training Site (WAATS), Marana, Arizona.
President's Report: CW2R John Curtis - No report.
Vice President's Report: CW4R Harold Lindamood - No report.
1. Golf Tournament - 7 June: Committee Chairman, CW5R Baiocchetti, updated those present with recent activity including letters sent to previous sponsors, golfers and additional contacts obtained since last year's tournament. Members were again encouraged to hit the streets to request sponsors and donations from their favorite and frequently visited businesses.
2. 2008 All Arizona Chapter meeting: Date and Sponsoring Chapter are still undecided. Members will be notified immediately when chapter leadership obtains that information.
3. Chapter Family Picnic - 3 May: Reservation was confirmed for Ramada 7 at the Fort Lowell Park. Starting time of 1000 hours was suggested. After a discussion of last year's triumph, it was suggested that we offer steak and chicken in addition to the member's potluck dishes. Further vetting among the membership to ascertain interest and costs will occur via e-mail before any final decisions can be made.
1. JROTC scholarships: CW2R Curtis requested assistance with the Scholarship Selection Committee. CW3R Schmidt volunteered.
2. Chapter Tax Status: Current status is non-profit but not creditable to contributing sponsors. The ensuing discussion that encompassed the positives and negatives as well as cost of changes revealed widely varied information and positions. This subject will be tabled until further investigation and accumulation of factual information may be obtained. Several members were encouraged to obtain information from other military service organizations to which they belong.
CW4R Ozier made a motion that the meeting be adjourned; seconded by CW5R Rinehart and passed by the members present at 1940 hours. Socializing continued and Chief Peschek was encouraged to share some of his military career highlights.
The next meeting of the Chapter will be held on March 10, 2007, 1800 hours at Michelangelo Ristorante Italiano, 420 West Magee Road located just west of Oracle Road.
CW3R Edward C. Blankshen
CW5R Vincent A. Baiocchetti
CW2R Theodore L. Cogut
CW2R John T. Curtis
CW3R Ronald J. James
CW4R Robert R. Ozier
CW5R Bradley D. Rinehart
CW3R Arthur L. Schmid
CW2R Leonard L. Wilfong
Retired Navy Chief Warrant Officer Allen Peschek and Mrs. Julia Peschek
Mrs. Nancy James
Mrs. Joy Ozier
CW2R John Curtis
Ft. Lowell-Apache Chapter, USAWOA
CW3R Michael Turner
Ft. Lowell-Apache Chapter, USAWOA