United States Army Warrant Officers Association
Fort Lowell - Apache Chapter
Meeting Minutes –
9 November 2009
Meeting called to order at 1800 hours by President CW5R Vincent Baiocchetti leading the Pledge of Allegiance. The President declared a quorum present. The meeting was held at Michelangelo Ristorante Italiano.
The minutes of the October 2009 meeting were presented previously to all members electronically. Motion made by CW3R Al Price to accept minutes as published, seconded by CW3R Ed Blankschen. Motion passed.
Treasurer’s Report: CW4R Harold Lindamood
As of October 31, 2009
Funds in Savings Account:
Opening Balance October 1, 2009 $5.06
Interest Income $0.00
Closing Income October 31, 2009 $5.06
Funds in the Checking Account:
Opening Balance October 1, 2009 $4,744.95
Ending Balance October 31, 2009 $4,744.95
A motion was made by CW5R Dave Koch to accept the Treasurer’s Report, subject to audit, and seconded by CW2R Ted Cogut. The motion passed.
President's Report: CW5R Vincent Baiocchetti
Report from the 2009 AMM:
The President gave a lengthy summary of the meeting. He will send an e-mail to all members with the complete summary attached.
Heritage Foundation: Museum donations, requesting $100 from Chapters and $10 from individuals.
CW4R Don Hess and CW4R Bob Scott were made Honorary CW5s.
Vice-President's Report: CW2R John Curtis
1. Membership: Total = 37 ; Training at Fort Rucker = 4
New members as of October: CW5R John McPoland, CW2R Lance Dickinson and WO1 Jesus Quitian
A warm welcome to CW2R Lance Dickinson and his guest CW3 Vince Gingras.
2. Massing of the Colors: Catalina Chapter of the MOWW conducted the ceremony on Sunday, November 8th. Our USAWOA Fort Lowell-Apache Chapter colors were presented and recognized as well as many other veteran organizations. Publication by the reading of the names of the recently deceased members honoring their service.
3. Missing In America Project: The Arizona coordinator, Christina Duwel, has established her new business in Casa Grande and helped ready her husband for deployment. We will arrange for her presentation in early 2010 .
1. Shirts for Ladies: Marsha Price provided the pre-ordered shirts. Motion for payment of $289.65 was made by CW3R Ed Blankschen, seconded by CW3R Al Price. Motion passed.
2. Community Food Bank: The Winterhaven Festival of Lights is a collection point for food donations. Three members have volunteered to collect on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday the 14, 15 and 16th. In order to maximize Chapter exposure and minimize physical exposure, other members are requested to join us for relief and support. The Vice President will circulate an e-mail to this effect.
3. Meeting location: CW5R Baiocchetti suggested we experience the menu menu offerings at El Parador in January 2010. Motion to change January 11th's meeting to El Parador was made by CW3R Al Price, seconded by CW3R Ed Blankschen. Motion passed.
4. JROTC Drill Meet: Chapter members are reminded that the annual Apache Drill Meet is scheduled for Saturday, December 12th at Flowing Wells HS. Scorers are needed to work behind the scene. From experience we know that 8 to 10 scorers will do the trick. Last year we had five. Only two have stepped forward thus far. Uniformed Judges are also requested. CW2 Craig Dowdney, CW3R Al Price and CW5R Vinnie Baiocchetti have volunteered to be judges.
5. Christmas Party: Chapter members are reminded that Michael and Mary Turner have invited the membership family into their home on Sunday, December 13th at 1400 hours. The menu for this pot luck dinner and social time will be solicited via e-mail.
6. Community Food Bank: CW5R Baiocchetti reiterated the opportunity available to suport the Community Food Bank now that authorization was granted at last month's meeting. He briefed the program involving food manufacturers’ donations and reimbursing trailer truck drivers for the benefit of new members and guests.
1. Introductions: CW2R Lance Dickinson and his quest, CW3 Vince Gringras provided a short military background and personal family introduction.
2. JROTC Military Ball: Members are invited to attend and encourage Cadets on January 23rd, 7:00 pm, at the Davis-Monthan AFB Officer's Club. Contact CW3R Ron James for RSVP and instructions.
3. Trophy Support: The Apache Drill Meet requests partial financial reimbursement of the trophy expenses. A Motion to support Flowing Wells HS JROTC in the amount of $300 was made by CW3R Ed Blankschen, seconded by CW3R Al Price. Motion passed.
Good of the Order:
Information was shared concerning CW3R Joe Gill and CW4R Bob Ozier's current health.
There being no further business, CW4R Harold Lindamood made a motion that the meeting be adjourned, Seonded by CW2R Ted Cogut. Motion passed at 2000 hours.
The next meeting of the Chapter will be held at 1400 hours on December 13th at the home of CW3R Michael and Mary Turner in conjunction with the 2009 Chapter Christmas Party.
CW5R Vincent Baiocchetti
CW5R Dave Koch
CW4R Harold Lindamood
CW3R Ed Blankschen
CW3R Ron James
CW3R Al Price
CW2R Ted Cogut
CW2R John Curtis
CW2R Lance Dickinson
CW2 Craig Dowdney
CW3 Vince Gingras
|Recorded and Submitted by: CW2R John Curtis|