United States Army Warrant Officers Association
Fort Lowell - Apache Chapter
Meeting Minutes –
11 January 2010
Meeting called to order at 1800 hours by President CW5R Vincent Baiocchetti leading the Pledge of Allegiance. The President declared a quorum present. The meeting was held at the El Parador Restaurant.
The minutes of the December 2009 meeting were presented previously to all members electronically. Motion made by CW3R Michael Turner to accept minutes as published, seconded by CW3R Ed Blankschen. Motion passed.
Treasurer’s Report: CW4R Harold Lindamood
As of December 31, 2009
Funds in Savings Account:
Opening Balance December 1, 2009 $5.06
Interest Income $0.00
Closing Income December 31, 2009 $5.06
Funds in the Checking Account:
Opening Balance December 1, 2009 $3,886.81
Ending Balance December 31, 2009 $3,684.31
A motion was made by CW2R Ted Cogut to accept the Treasurer’s Report, subject to audit, and seconded by CW3R Al Price. The motion passed.
President's Report: The president laid out plans for the coming months, with the Golf Tournament scheduled for the 26th of June, and asked for ideas as to when/where to hold the annual picnic.
Vice-President's Report: Our current membership numbers stand at 36.
CW2R John Curtis introduced the night’s guest speaker; Mr. Ron Eppich, the Regional Coordinator of the “Missing In America Project”. Mr. Eppich along with Jamie gave his perspective concerning the project’s efforts to honor Veterans. Mr. Eppich explained the long and arduous process to identify, gain control of, and intern “Lost Veterans”.
1. Flowing Wells JROTC Apache Drill Competition: CW5R Vincent Baiocchetti, wanted to thank the following for volunteering at the 4th Annual Apache Drill Meet: Judges; CW3R Al Price & CW2 Craig Dowdney, Scorers: CW5R Vincent Baiocchetti, CW2R John Curtis & CW3R Ed Blankschen.
2. Community Bank Donations: CW5R Vincent Baiocchetti, wanted to thank the following Warrant Officers and their wives for volunteering at the Winterhaven food drive: CW5R Vincent Baiocchetti and Eileen, CW2R John Curtis and Jean, and CW3RMichael Turner and Mary.
1. Golf Tournament: CW5R Vincent Baiocchetti reminded all that the golf tournament will be held on the 26 of June 2010. Also asked all to get out and get donations for it.
2. Scholarship Program: CW5R Vincent Baiocchetti asked CW3R Michael Turner to update the Scholarship information on our web site and asked CW3R James to notify his JROTC students to get their scholarship nominations/applications in NLT 1 April 2010.
3. JROTC Military Ball: This years JROTC Military Ball will take place on the 23rd of January 2010. The receiving Line will start at 6:30 PM. All are welcome; however, make sure you let CW3R Ron James know if you plan on attending.
There being no further business, CW3R Michael Turner made a motion that the meeting be adjourned, seconded by CW3R Al Price. Motion passed at 1930 hours.
The next meeting of the Chapter will be held at 1800 hours on February 8th at Cattle Town Restaurant.
CW5R Vincent Baiocchetti
CW4R Harold Lindamood
CW4R Bob Ozier
CW3R Ed Blankschen
CW3R Gary Huggins
CW3R Ron James
CW3R Al Price
CW3R Michael Turner
CW2R Ted Cogut
CW2R John Curtis
CW2R Leonard Wilfong
CW2 Craig Dowdney
Ron Eppich & Jamie “Regional Coordinator of the Missing In America Project”
Recorded and Submitted by:
CW3R Ron James, Secretary