United States Army Warrant Officers Association
Fort Lowell - Apache Chapter
Meeting Minutes –
15 March 2010
Meeting called to order at 17:56 hours by President CW5R Vincent Baiocchetti leading the Pledge of Allegiance. The President declared a quorum present. The meeting was held at Michelangelo Ristorante Italiano.
The minutes of the February 2010 meeting were presented previously to all members electronically. Motion made by CW3R Al Price to accept minutes as published, seconded by CW3R Ed Blankschen Motion passed.
Treasurer’s Report: CW4R Harold Lindamood
As of February 28, 2010
Funds in Savings Account:
Opening Balance 02/01/2010 $5.06
Interest Income $0.00
Closing Income 02/28/2010 $0.00 (Funds transferred to checking/savings account)
Funds in the Checking Account:
Opening Balance 02/01/2010 $3,684.14
Ending Balance 02/28/2010 $3,781.48
A motion was made by CW5R David Koch to accept the Treasurer’s Report, subject to audit, and seconded by CW2R Ted Cogut. The motion passed.
President's Report: The president informed the members that a check for $700.00 was sent to Tucson Community Food Bank to defray the cost of donated food being shipped from Las Vegas to Tucson. Reminded members to please ask for donations from 5 contacts he mailed to the members. CW5R Vincent Baiocchetti confirmed that our annual picnic would be held at the James' home on the 3rd of July 2010.
Vice-President's Report: Our current membership numbers stand at 35.
CW2R John Curtis introduced the members of the MIAP committee met 2 weeks ago and had a meeting scheduled for the next week. Indicated all committee members were registered and able to sign into the internet. He has planned a meeting with ADAIR funeral homes for Wednesday; will know more after that meeting.
1. Golf Tournament: CW5R Vincent Baiocchetti reminded all that the golf tournament will be held on the 26 of June 2010. Reminded, again, to call and get donations from 5 business's.
2. Member Shirts - A motion to pay the remaining balance of $67.90 for member/spouse shirts was made by CW5R David Koch and seconded by CW2 Craig Dowdney. The motion passed.
3. Tax exempt - CW5R Vincent Baiocchetti asked if any had any information on forming a 5013c tax exempt corporation/and discuss the pros and cons of doing so for our chapter.
4. Hole-In One - CW3R Michael Turner donated $150.00 thru his company "Shamrock Electro Optics" to sponsor our Hole-In One fund for our annual Golf Tournament.
5. Scholarship - A motion was made by CW3R Al Price and seconded by CW3R Ed Blankschen to accept scholarship applications from Cholla High School Cadets starting next school year. The motion passed
6. Obama Money - Discussed the ramifications for those that received a $250.00 check from the government; bottom line, make sure you report it on your 2009 taxes.
There being no further business, CW2R Ted Cogut made a motion that the meeting be adjourned, seconded by CW3R Michael Turner. Motion passed at 1852 hours.
The next meeting of the Chapter will be held at 1800 hours on 12 April 2010 at the Cattle Town Restaurant.
CW5R Vincent Baiocchetti
CW5R David Koch
CW5R Brad Rinehart
CW4R Harold Lindamood
CW3R Ed Blankschen
CW3R Ron James
CW3R Al Price
CW3R Michael Turner
CW3R Gary Huggins
CW2R John Curtis
CW2 Craig Dowdney
CW2R Ted Cogut
Recorded and Submitted by:
CW3R Ron James, Secretary