United States Army Warrant Officers Association
Fort Lowell - Apache Chapter
Meeting Minutes –
14 November 2011
Meeting called to order at 1800 hours by CW2R Lance Dickinson. The members rendered the Pledge of Allegiance. The Chair declared a quorum present. The meeting was held at the Metropolitan Grill Restaurant.
The minutes of the October 2011 meeting were presented previously to all members electronically. No changes or objections were offered. Motion to accept the minutes as presented was made by CW3R Schmidt and seconded by CW2R Cogut. The motion passed.
As of October 31, 2011
Checking Account Balance $3,345.18
A motion was made by CW3R Price to accept the Treasurer’s Report subject to audit and seconded by CW3R Blankschen. The motion passed.
The President reported that he had offered his credit card to CW3R Michael Turner to transfer ownership of our website from Michael to himself.
1. Reported that we had 32 members of which are Life Members.
2. Also reported October birthdays: Lance Dickinson, Art Schmidt, Michael Turner, and Leonard Wilfong.
3. November birthdays: Gary Huggins, Jim Herington, and Vincent Baiocchetti
4. He also reported that CW2 Jeff Whitbeck has been promoted to CW3. Jeff is presently deployed in Iraq.
1. Chapter’s 10th Year Anniversary Dinner:
Progress on the anniversary dinner was reviewed. Everything has been set up for the Anniversary Dinner and at present we will have 43 attendees.
3. Chapter Non-profit Status:
CW5R Baiocchetti reported that our last piece of material was sent to the IRS as requested and at this time we have not heard a word. Based on Mrs. Malone last statements, we can only assume that all is well and that she has forwarded the packet up to higher authority for final approval. He will call her office tomorrow and ask for an update.
1. Paying of the bills:
Vincent Baiocchetti $107.10 – Framing for Generals Appointment.
Vincent Baiocchetti $18.30 – Express Mail to IRS
Motion made by CW3R Schmidt seconded by CW4R Lindamood to pay the bill. Motion passed.
2. Motion made by CW3R Ron James to pay for the meals of Senator Albert Melvin and his wife, seconded by CW3R Al Price. Motion passed.
3. Moved by CW2R Ted Cogut and seconded by CW4R Harold Lindamood to provide up to $400.00 for the Anniversary Dinner expenses. Motion passed.
Good of the Order:
1. The President reminded everyone that our Christmas Dinner will be on Sunday, December 11, 2011 at 2:00 at the Blankschen home. Please start sending to John Curtis what you plan on bringing to the dinner. Harold Lindamood is bringing a Baked Ham.
2. Moved by CW3R James and seconded by CW3R Schmidt to move the December 12th meeting to Sunday, December 11, 2011. Motion passed.
CW3R Schmidt made a motion for adjournment, seconded by CW2R Cogut. Motion passed. The meeting adjourned at 1912 hours.
Our next meeting will be at 1400 hours on December 11, 2011at the home of CW3R Edward and Leslie Blankschen.
CW5R Vincent Baiocchetti
CW3R Arthur Schmid
CW3R Al Price
CW3R Ronald James
CW4R Harold Lindamood
CW3R Ed Blankschen
CW2R Ted Cogut
CW2R John Curtis
CW2R Lance Dickinson
Recorded and Submitted by:
CW5R Vincent Baiocchetti, Secretary