2024 Annual Scholarship Program
The goal of the program is to offer financial awards to the most deserving candidates utilizing a thorough yet simple eligibility and application process. Decisions are made by a committee and are based on the whole person concept.
Throughout the year, our Chapter conducts various fund raising events. Substantial portions of the proceeds are set aside for the scholarship program. From these funds, our chapter will award $1000.00 scholarships to each of two deserving applicants.
1. The applicant must be a 2024 graduating student from either Flowing Wells or Cholla High School.
2. The applicant must be enrolled and satisfactorily participating in either Flowing Wells or Cholla High Schools' Army JROTC program.
3. The applicant must have an overall Grade Point Average (GPA) of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale or higher
4. The applicant must have a GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale or higher in JROTC
5. The applicant must enroll in either a 4 year university or college baccalaureate Army ROTC program or a 2 year Pima Community College ROTC program
Criteria for Selection:
1. Scholastic standing in high school
2. Involvement and leadership in JROTC activities
3. Involvement and leadership in school and community activities
4. Typewritten letter describing any voluntary community work and how this scholarship will help the applicant attain their educational goal and career plan (150 - 600 words)
5. Favorable endorsement by the applicable Senior Army Instructor
6. Favorable endorsement by the applicable high school principal
1. Awards announcements will be made at the JROTC Awards Review
2. Scholarship money will be placed in the applicable high school's JROTC Scholarship Account
3. Scholarship distribution will be made upon receipt of class schedule at the School District Registrar office confirming the ROTC classes
4. Cadets will e-mail their completed Application Packet to: firstname.lastname@example.org prior to April 15, 2024. No "partial" applications will be accepted.
Annual Scholarship Form
Click the small picture below to display the full size form. Complete the form online and print it, or print the form and complete it offline. Remember, the form is the cover letter for your Scholarship Application Packet.